Abby's Blog

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Update on Health.

Monday I was supposed to go and get more blood work done to figure out if the low thyroid readings were correct. However, by the time I got home from choir and got my paper work the health office was closed.

So I planned on possibly doing it Tuesday after my clinicals for my Central Service Technician class and before going to get the Wisdom Teeth out.

Tuesday morning I woke up 7a. Spent half an hour in the prayer room. Then got ready for my clinicals. Got to the hospital at 8:20a. Changed into scrubs and went with the rest of class into the sterilization clinic of the hospital. We were standing around learning about Mayo and Metzenbalm scissors when I began getting really hot, and nautious.

Next thing I knew I woke up on the hard sterilized ground of the Sterilization clinic, blood gushing out of my mouth and a team of 30 doctors surrounding me. I hear my teacher say "She went straight down, that's all I know" then classmates say "her name is Abby, her healthcare form is in the womans locker room". I was put on a stretchure and wheeled up to the Emergency Room.

I'll tell ya, if you're gonna pass out... It's a real perk if you're right in the hospital. Most trips to the emergency room for me consist of having one test done, waiting 3 hours, then having another done until they decide I'm well enough to go home. Well I was in the E.R. maybe 45 minutes and had already had a EKG (fancy heart exam). CAT-SCAN and blood tests completed.

They also did X-Rays on my chin which has currently turned a lovely shade of purple from the impact. And I was quite famous around the E.R. as "The call from CSS (Central Service Supply)" and met a nurse named Jon B. who is Shawn Blanc's identical clone. It's quite the story to be able to tell that you bled all over the sterilization clinic of a hospital. The blood was caused from the impact knocking one of my teeth out of alignment.

After all the tests I was sent home with a Haulter Monitor (a fancy thing that monitors my heart rate). We discovered I have an irregular heartbeat which is more than likely the cause of all the fatigue and passing out. Results are due back Friday from that.

So please keep me in your prayers. Other than the annoyance of having to re-prep myself to the idea of getting the wisdom teeth out I am in no way discomforted or in any pain. This is a blessing no doubt. I feel absolutely fine. My parents have been spoiling me non-stop with good food and GodFather movies. :)

<3 Abby
God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home