Abby's Blog

Monday, January 08, 2007

Blog Ratings!

Well Shawn Blanc decided to have a contest on his website for the best blog of 2006.I did not choose to submit an entry, however I did vote on the selected chosen few.

Here's what I thought.

1. I Miss Mix Tapes
Generally speaking I could not relate to this post because I grew up in more of a cd era of time. Also the author decided to use words such as 'jammy jam' and confessed to at one point in time being a Beck fan. So I lost some respect for them :)

2. Most awkward/embarassing moment of the year
This post got my vote for being best. It was written well, and had me laughing out loud. The post made my day better. It was exactly as a good post ought to be.

3. If you have a cat, give him some grass.
I'm a big supporter of cat nip for there are 3 cats in my home. However this post was too general for myliking. Funny as it was, I feel guilty in supporting any references to drugs even for laughing matters. :)

4. I love you Today. I hate you tomorrow.
I did not read past the 1st sentence because I don't like swear words. I believe they are an indication of lack of vocabulary. Plus, I feel Jesus doesn't like them very much.

5. I'd like to introduce you to our son...
This was a good one no doubt. I enjoyed reading this post. I have a big heart for Africa and I love family! However, the guy who posted #2 had a South African wife, and he made me laugh! Haha. So my decision was easy.

6. The first blessing
First of all, major appologies to Stephanie! I didn't even see/read this post. Soooo Weird. I love that you posted about a beatitude because that is exactly where my heart is at the moment. In the New Living Translation it says "blessed are those who need God". Which I think seems to be a common theme in your post! Your entry reminded me of the verse "It is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven". A wise man (Shawn Blanc) once said that the Sermon on the Mount is in a way saying the same thing 3 different ways. One of the major points Jesus is getting across in my opinion is that God is the soul thing we should be focusing so why are we worrying about getting rich, dressing nice, or having the things we need. God will provide. So I very much enjoyed reading your post. :)

Thank you Shawn for holding this contest. I think another should be held in the near future. I may consider submittingan entry.

P.S. I am very surprised after looking at the polls for who everyone thought had the best post.

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abby, I have to say that I was sad my blog was the only one in the contest you did not critique. I was curious about what you thought, since you had your own post about the beatitudes on your blog. Anyways, have a good day!

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007, Blogger Abby said...

Stephanie - So sorry about that. You should check out my edit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home