Abby's Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Home.

Tonight while practicing/messing around on the piano my gaze was turned toward a picture on the wall. Below the picture is quoted "Home is where your heart is"

Matthew 6

19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;

20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

My heart's in Kansas City. I'm in Michigan without a heart. Living the same simplistic lifestyle of prayer, fasting and meditation on the word but with the mediocrity of boring surroundings.

Question: What fun are people if they're not pressing into the heart of God?
Answer: In this town... sinful.

I'm surving purpose here.
Tonight at Campus Life during a discussion of different personality types we got into a radical evangalistic debate concerning sin and Jesus. It was cool no doubt. Witnessing, sharing the knowledge. It was purposeful. Then of course my Sunday School class continuously amazes me.

I don't know where my mind is. But my heart is bored with western religion medeocrity. 6 more months. I suppose I better just start a revival. Then maybe I won't be so bored.

I'm not a good evangelist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home