Abby's Blog

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

America

Deuteronomy 32:15
15 “But Israel soon became fat and unruly; the people grew heavy, plump, and stuffed! Then they abandoned the God who had made them; they made light of the Rock of their salvation.

Reading through the first 5 chapters of the bible was interesting indeed. God has opened my eyes for I have made harsh judgements upon Israel thinking them to be a bunch of unrulely lunatics. My first reactions when God wanted to destroy the lot were that of God being pretty vicious. But in continuing my reading I found that I would have temptations to destroy them all the same.

That's when it hit me. Often times I've heard people say "America is so blessed by God because we're a large worshiping nation". However the Israelites were God's chosen people! And God was mercifully angry with them a ton!

I wrote the verse above (Deuteronomy 32:15) and marked it as a noteable verse because it personally keeps my heart in line with my passion for OneThing. Once we get fat, plump, stuffed on earthly things, we abandon God.

The first Beatitude:
God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs

I do not want to become full with things of this earth. I want to consistantly desire Christ and always pursue a path of righteousness.

I emotionally love to live righteous before you.
I emotionally hate the wickedness in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home