Abby's Blog

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Dream.

Last weekend a bunch of friends and I got together to watch The GodFather. I really enjoyed it. So we decided to watch the 2nd GodFather this weekend.

It was set up for 3:00p Saturday afternoon at my house. Hopefully attending: Jake, Zach, Alex, and Spring.

Well I needed to go to the Family Christian book store to see if they had a movie I was going to show my Sunday School class called "Without Reservation". The bookstore didn't have it so I journeyed to the mall with my mom. We went to a store and looked around for the movie, they had a sign for it but not the actual dvd. So we went to the next movie store Suncoast and finally found it. While taking it to the check out line I opened the case and realized the disc was not in there. So we had the cashier grab another. That's when I got the call.

It was Alex, he was at my house wondering where everyone was. I looked at the time and realized it was 3:10p and I had a 20 minute drive to get home from the mall, plus I needed to stop by Family Video to pick up the second GodFather dvd. Suffice to say we rushed out the of the mall. When I got home after picking up the movie I thanked Alex for coming then called the others to see where they were. By this time it was after 4:00p and we realized slowly but surely that no one else was coming. Alex then left to complete his winterfest duties for the day before the Highschoolers had their big dance that night.

I was completely abandoned by my friends. Why would no one show up (other than Alex)? We had all planned on this movie.

Soon enough after taking a nap I was woken up by some chaos happening downstairs. I went downstairs to find a few suitcases and a bunch of hussle and bussle. My mom was the closest to me so I asked her what was going on. She replied: "I leave today for a 3 month sabatical for buisness in Indiana, I told you this weeks ago".

Mom was wrong, she had not in fact told me about this weeks ago, or ever for that matter. This was the first time I had heard anything about it.

My mom and I are very close. So the idea of moving to Kansas City next year is not a happy one for her especially since I've been home and been getting sick. The fact of the matter was I was moving in 5 months and she's now leaving for 3.

I was being abandoned by my Mom, just like I had been abandoned by my friends.

This is what woke me up. I was crying in my sleep about my abandonment that had felt so real, but had only been a dream. I was half asleep still in my bed crying when instantly I was overwhelmed with peace and comfort.

Jesus was holding me. He said "I will never abandon you"

The stuff in my dream, my friends and mom abandoning me didn't really happen. But Jesus holding me did. He's real, and his truth oversees all thoughts and worries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home