Abby's Blog

Monday, January 15, 2007

Michigan!

It's so beautiful here right now. Michigan weather is usually a pain, but everyone seems to be happy that we finally have snow. I went sledding yesterday with some friends :)

My heart right now is in a pickle between some different things. Here's what's on my mind...

1. Missing Kansas City. The other night some friends took me out for smoothies and we got in a debate about IHOP. I grew up in a seeker friendly charismatic baptist church. Then went to a dispensationalist southern baptist youth group through out high school. The friends I have here come from those backrounds. I'm quite excentric in their eyes after spending time at IHOP. The discussion was geared toward God moving in extravagant ways at IHOP but wasn't moving in extravagant ways in Michigan and why there was such a difference. It was relentlessly motivated to press my heart and ask myself the questions of Why 24/7 prayer? What is intercessory missionaries? Why are revivals frequent in Michigan? I meditated on scripture and pulled up the prayer room webstream for a few days and really feel more than ever IHOP is where I am called to be.

2. The ever long progression of trying to gain a pure heart, live the sermon on the mount, obtain a lifestyle of righteousness and be humble in all things. I want to be a light for my Father in heaven. But I hate my pride. "It's all about you Jesus, and all this is for you."
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all shall be added"

3. My Sunday School class! I love love love these kids so much. Even though they're all crazy! However, they make my living at home this year feel purposeful. We plan to begin the Omega course very soon!

Pray for me. Thank you for reading!

Scriptural Insights.
Judges 6:36-40

36Then Gideon said to God, “If you are truly going to use me to rescue Israel as you promised,

37 prove it to me in this way. I will put a wool fleece on the threshing floor tonight. If the fleece is wet with dew in the morning but the ground is dry, then I will know that you are going to help me rescue Israel as you promised.”

38 And that is just what happened. When Gideon got up early the next morning, he squeezed the fleece and wrung out a whole bowlful of water.

39 Then Gideon said to God, “Please don’t be angry with me, but let me make one more request. Let me use the fleece for one more test. This time let the fleece remain dry while the ground around it is wet with dew.”

40 So that night God did as Gideon asked. The fleece was dry in the morning, but the ground was covered with dew.

Last night after reading this passage of scripture I prayed for God to give me a sign. I dreamt as I had never dreamt before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home