Abby's Blog

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Movie Weekend!

While cleaning out my wallet the other day I discovered I had an expiring $20 gift card to Block Buster. So a few friends and I went and rented some movies.

I just finished Superman Returns. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it. Of course my favorite part was the "chick flick" ish part which I have encluded via link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n96kqR3si7g

God spoke to me lots in this movie. First of all, the scene I linked is very romantic and super cute! I was reminded a countless number of times that Jesus is the true superman. And he is the greatest romantic.

Lois tells Superman: "ya know, Richard (a guy she's seeing) is a pilot and takes me up all the time" to which Superman replies "not like this"
This was a smack in the face to me. Often times I'll compare earthly guys to Jesus being like Lois saying things like "this boy does all these great things for me" when in all actuality Jesus has done billions more for me than any earthly boy would or could ever do. There's no comparison.

Then when Lois is scared as her and Superman are flying over the city. I completely thought of Peter on the water with Jesus.

Then throughout the movie their were savior inuendos to Superman. I.E.

SM - Listen, what do you hear? (above the city)
Lois - Nothing
SM - I hear everything. (to Lois) You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior but everyday I heare people crying for one.

Sufice to say I enjoyed this movie. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home