Abby's Blog

Monday, August 04, 2008

From Myrtle to Cypress :)

Isaiah 55:13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name; they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”

I've had this verse on my heart for awhile now, contemplating how much it represents this summer. The deepest connection I have found with it is truly there is nothing I want more than for the events of my life to do this one very thing: Bring great honor to the Lord's name and be an everlasting sign of His power and love. There is nothing I want more than to stay completely steady in keeping my life 100% for Him. I don't want to have regret on missing out on one opportunity to bring Him glory. I lose sight of this reality so much. In essence it's losing sight of love. I wonder when I'll finally get it. When I will finally stop having to remind myself that there is absolutely nothing apart from Him and all other things in this life are an overflow of this already established relationship.

This summer I've gone through so much restoration. So many things have been broken off my life and I finally feel completely free and healed of hurt and pain from the past that I completely repressed for so long. I'm free to start fresh. It's the greatest feeling in the world and I feel the Lord guiding my steps once again.

I'm not going back to FMA. My goal is to become staff at IHOP and still be on Tim R.'s team. I'm going to take a few classes at a community college working towards Surgical Technology/Surgical Nurse. I'm about 3 semesters away from finishing that. The classes there are pretty flexible schedule wise so I'm not quite sure what the Lord has in store for me with the rest of my time. I would love to be in the prayer room as much as possible. I maybe will audit an FSM class. Or possibly get a job at a near by hospital. Who knows. I just know I'm in love and I'm free and I want what He wants and ready for whatever comes next.

Last but not least I must apologize to you faithful few who have been tracking my blog. I'm really going to try to start posting more frequently. I have quite a bit of free right now because I am stuck at home with both Bronchitis and Pink eye. Please keep me in your prayers and feel free to comment anything. :)

Blessings,
Love Abby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home