Abby's Blog

Monday, October 30, 2006

What Men Live By

Last night after working a 4 hour shift I went to visions where IHOP-Lansing was meeting. My friend Nathaniel spoke on a story about a man named Simon and his compasion for another in need. The story is heart breaking and I recommend reading it if you have time. There is true emphasis on ‘One may live without father or mother, but one cannot live without God.’”

What Men Live By
by Leo Tolstoy

In case you don't read it this story discusses 3 truths.
"What dwells in man. Love.

What is not given to man. It is not given to man to know his own needs.

What men live by. all men live not by care for themselves but by love."

“I knew before that God gave life to men and desires that they should live; now I understood more than that.
“I understood that God does not wish men to live apart, and therefore he does not reveal to them what each one needs for himself; but he wishes them to live united, and therefore reveals to each of them what is necessary for all.
“I have now understood that though it seems to men that they live by care for themselves, in truth it is love alone by which they live. He who has love, is in God, and God is in him, for God is love.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home