Abby's Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Abortion is icky.

When I was 10 years old my mom became pregnant unexpectedly and I remember it seemed strange because I saw my parents as being really old and done with having babies. Later during the pregnancy, we were told that the baby would have multiple complications and the doctors recommended multiple times to my parents that the pregnancy should be terminated. That experience changed the way I view abortion in understanding the issues.

My parents are both strong Christians and refused to abort the baby. At one point they had to write out their desires to carry out the pregnancy full term and placed it in my Mom's medical files.

The persistence the physicians placed upon my parents to have an abortion makes me to this day physically ill. The baby was born a girl and named Esther Ann Sincox. She lived almost four weeks and then passed away due to complications with her brain stem. I am thankful I was able to have the opportunity to meet and love my baby sister. I am by all means against abortion. It is murder.

The Bible tells us in Luke 1:36-41 that “the babe” leaped in Elizabeth's womb. Not a fetus, an actual baby. This same reference is used about baby Jesus after being born in Luke 2:12-16. This makes it clear that in God's eyes both an unborn and born baby are living beings.

Jeremiah 1:5 says “Before I formed thee in the bell I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”

According to the Wikipedia Encyclopedia there's approximately 46 million abortions per year worldwide. That's approximately 126,000 abortions in one day. 40+ million abortions since 1973 have occurred in the United States alone making an estimated 4,000 abortions daily.

Not only is abortion a legal justification for murder it is a horrendous way to die. There are many different types of abortion. Women can take or inject a substance that can stop the implantation process or block progesterone. Then take orally or insert a pill to cause the uterus to contract and empty thereby ending the pregnancy. There is also the option of surgical abortions either by suction, dilation, or curettage with forceps in a clinic, medical office or hospital. Also there is the options of induction abortion or hysterotomy. These options vary based upon the trimester of the unborn child. Surgical abortions are literally like if you were to be in a cage and have your arms and legs ripped off.

Currently abortion is legal in the United States. I understand the reasoning for this. In America's past many women performed unsafe abortions thereby endangering themselves. I however do not think this is justification for the thousands of murders that occur daily in our nation.

There are millions of different scenarios such as a woman being raped then being pregnant. I've heard this argument a countless number of times. However in the United States only an estimated 2.1% of abortions occur due to rape, or incest. While 91.8% of abortions are because the baby does not come as convenience to the parents due to being to young, wanting to postpone childbearing, wanting no more children, cannot afford a baby, or having a relationship problem.

I believe that it is time for the people in our nation to take responsibility for our actions. When you have sex, there is a potential of becoming pregnant. This is in no way the fault of the baby created. Yet it is murdered with no disregard.

There's multiple ways to prevent an abortion. If you're going to have sex, practice safe sex, there's multiple contraceptives available. Sex outside of marriage is wrong in itself. Sex should be saved for the person God designed for you to share your life with. If a person is blessed with the opportunity to have a child and then chooses to have an abortion. They're not only killing a chance for life and the opportunity be blessed by God in countless numbers. That mother is murdering and refusing to take responsibility for something she created. It's taking a life because of inconvenience.

Going through Esther's death was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. Getting close to a sibling then losing them. But the one thing I can say that many woman who have had an abortion cannot is that I have no regrets. The baby lived. She was loved and cared for. When she died she was grieved upon. Buried as if she had lived a full blessed life. I would never trade the time we were given together. The pain from losing her was hard to endure, but I don't regret getting to know her. She was given life and lived as well as anyone could have. Now she is with Jesus and I will see her again someday. Until then I make sure I live my life for God hoping she's putting in a good word for me up there. :-p

I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born
- Ronald Reagan

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they should overturn Roe Vs. Wade

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Blogger Esther Irwin said...

Further to your remarks, abortion takes away the testimony of that baby and the chance to glorify God. How many aborted babies were silenced in worship to God? How many were not able to spread the gospel to others? I remember some of the arguments for abortion were, what if another Hitler were conceived, wouldn't you want him to be aborted instead of living? But what about the babies who were to be prophets and evangelists? We don't understand God or His ways and try to live in our own understanding and not in the wisdom of God.

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006, Blogger Abby said...

Esther - Cool name! I actually considered writing about the ramifications of killing off potential world changers. But it was only a two page paper and my teacher tends to get angry with me when I give him extra work to do. :-p Thanks for the comment. :) I appreciate it. The Hitler arguement seems rather ridiculous. I've heard the arguement from Christians that its better they kill off the baby and have it go to heaven rather than waste its life preparing for hell. Which doesn't justify anything. Then there's arguements about babies who are murdered being saved from a life of being beaten or neglected by their parents. I actually found a cartoon for that scenerio while researching this paper. Anywho! Thanks again for the comment.
~Abby
P.S. I tried to go to your blog site and it wouldn't let me... ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home