Abby's Blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'm in love with the greatest man ever to walk the earth.
I've been comparing and contrasting the mentalities of my lifestyle right now as in comparison to the distraction free atmospheres of conferences such as STI, Lael, Convention, OneThing, and Winter Retreat etc.

Two phrases summarize my thoughts.

1. Scripture leads us to believe that Jesus did not even move until He heard the Father's voice. He knew that purpose and direction comes from God. I should live like Jesus with the same mentality.

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God is the director of my life. All of this is for Him. It's increasing my wisdom and my ministry. The question is am I leaving enough time to be pressing into the heart of his son?

2. If the devil can't make you sin, he'll make you busy.
Time Management!!! It's so difficult.


Currently I am juggling:
At least and hour of alone time with Jesus
Practicing Flute, Piano, Voice
Working through theory books
School
Work
Worship Band at Church
Sunday School Preparation
Teaching Sunday School Class
Worship Team at IHOP-Lansing
Visions Night Club
Homework
Scholarship research
Saving Money for FMA
Planning December trip to OneThing!!!


Please pray for me!!!
During a conference or when I get a chance to get away from my hectic schedule I always encounter Jesus in a drastic way. But I come home to my schedule and get caught up in my ministry. Drawing close to Jesus is my top priority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home