Abby's Blog

Saturday, October 28, 2006

I love you, and that's all I know.

I really hate Halloween but tonight my friend Erin is having a party and we're all supposed to dress up. I'm going as Queen Esther, even though the Jesus suggestion was tempting.

Last night I went to Visions and got to talk with Dan (The Director of IHOP-Lansing). I get to start coming back for the Sunday night worship team after my two week break. So that was good news. Mike (the Director of Visions) preached last night on random thoughts. But he talked a lot about altering ourselves for the better. I started thinking about how I get caught up in my ministry and how sometimes I get caught up in preparing/learning/working for next year I forgot that I should be pressing into the heart of God. Being in the presence of Jesus Christ is top priority. It's my desire that takes president over all else. It's about Him. Not me.

"I give you my heart. I give my soul, I live for you alone. Every breathe that I take. Every moment I'm awake. Lord have your way in me"

I am simply His hands. I need to continually remember that.

So on the way home from Visions I was listening to my Jars of Clay cd. It's their self titled album from 1995. I think everyone should own a copy. I've been getting really into it lately because the first song 'liquid' has a OneThing theme and some awesome drum parts. Then last night at Visions worship we sang track 3 'Love Song For A Savior' ironically. Anyway! I was on my way home and turned my cd player to the last song 'Blind'. The song ended and I was in a train of thought so didn't think of turning off my cd player or changing it to another song. Well apparently there is a secret track at the end of this particular Jars of Clay cd. It's called 'Four Seven'.

"We have this treasure
in earthen vesselsto show that this power
is from God, and not from us"

I love affirmation!!! That sort of thing builds my faith so much.

1 Timothy 4:9-10
9This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance
10(and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home