Abby's Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Reflections on the Psalms (a heart of praise) Being a Woman of Psalm 119 - Part 1 Ps. 1-20

The woman I desire to be for the Man who's deserving.

1) Thinks upon the law of the Lord.

*Psalm 1:2 But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants; day and night they think about His law.

*Psalm 119:(umm... all of it)

*Psalm 18:22 For all His laws are constantly before me; I have never abandoned His principles.

*Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8 The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight to life.

2) Finds my protection in the Lord.

*Psalm 2:12 ...But what joy for all who find Him!

*Psalm 16:9 No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts His praises! My body rests in safety.

3) Lifts my heard high in confidence.

*Psalm 3:3 But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high.

*Psalm 17:8 Guard me as the apple of Your eye. Hide me in the shadow of Your wings.

4) Looks for the Lord's guidance. Trusts the Lord.

*Psalm 5:8 Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Tell me clearly what to do, and show me which way to turn.

*Psalm 9:10 Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, O Lord, have never abandoned anyone who searches for You.

*Psalm 13:5 But I trust in Your unfailing love. I will rejoice because You have rescued me.

*Psalm 16:7 I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. 8I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.

*Psalm 16:11 You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of living with You forever.

*Psalm 18:30 As for God, His way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.

*Psalm 18:35 You have given me the shield of Your salvation. Your right hand supports me; Your gentleness has made me great.

5) Filled with complete joy.

*Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Protect them, so all who love Your name may be filled with joy.

*Psalm 20:4 May He grant your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans. 5 May we shout for joy when we hear of Your victory, flying banners to honor our God. May the Lord answer all your prayers.

6) Understands my own depravity

*Psalm 8:4 what are mortals that you should think of us, mere humans that you should care for us?

*Matthew 5:3 God blesses those who realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is given to them. (Blessed are the poor and spirit). Not a Psalm, but valid all the same. :)

*Psalm 18:1 I love You Lord; You are my strength.

*Psalm 18:27 You rescue those who are humble, but You humiliate the proud. 28 Lord, You have brought light to my life; my God, You light up my darkness. 29 In Your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.

*Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to You, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

7) Lives with gratitude, bringing glory to God by living righteously.

*Psalm 9:1 I will thank You, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things You have done, 2. I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High.

*Psalm 119:7 When I learn Your righteous laws, I will thank You by living as I should! (Cornerstone idea)

*Matthew 5:7 God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

*Psalm 13:6 I will sing to the Lord because he has been so good to me.

*Psalm 17:15 But because I have done what is right, I will see You. When I awake, I will be fully satisfied, for I will see You face to face.

*Psalm 18:24 The Lord rewarded me for doing right, because of the innocence of my hands in His sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home