Abby's Blog

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Interphase of Mitosis

Last night in my Anatomy and Physiology class we were studying the Inter-phase process of Mitosis. My teacher, Dr. Wooley (No joke. He's awesome!) was telling us that Inter-phase is refered to as the resting phase of Mitosis but how the chromosomes within the cells don't really rest at all but rather grow, and then become replica's.

This is what struck my heart... In a period of what is determined as 'rest' the chromosomes 1. grow and 2. replicate.

How much more is this truth applicable to God's calling for us to rest. I've definitely felt at points in my journey with the Lord that He has brought me into seasons of rest. I've started to wonder how much more I grown in these seasons. How much have I learned to replicate the kindness, love and compassion of Jesus when I've taken a big chunk of time to sit at His feet and gaze on His beauty, rather than chase after what I perceive to be His will in my life. I guarantee if there was a way to measure how much growth I've done as a lover of God, the larger growth would be found in the seasons of rest, sitting before Him rather than going hard after what I think would be for the good of the Kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home