Abby's Blog

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Oh October, it's what you do to me...

September was a month of endings and I feel like October is bringing new beginnings. Which just logically makes since, right? I feel like I've been stepping forward into a new season of learning how to learn. I know that is strange sounding but I've felt like the Lord has been speaking to me a lot about seeking out His wisdom in the leadership surrounding me. I am constantly around these amazing men and women who pour infinite wisdom into my heart day after day. Often times they don't even know they're doing it, they're usually just telling a story about home life, or something cool that happened in a meeting or in the prayer room. But the words they speak make me crave more of God and I'm truly thankful for the blessing of faithful leaders.

I'm so at a privilege to be under Tim Reimherr's leadership and being on his worship team. I love the team so much and am so grateful to be a part of it. Though a lot of changes are coming, I'm excited to see what God has in store for us next. Especially as we pursue growing through fellowship more and continue studying the word as a team. This is just a season for me of gleaning as much as possible.

I think this struck my heart majorly yesterday in a briefing for the 4pm Intercession set. Matt Candler had come in and was sharing with us out of Romans 1 and Philippians 2. It was powerful. I always feel the presence of the Lord when Matt shares. Anyway, point being, something hit me of how much I've neglected listening and really soaking in the words of others. I want a truly teachable spirit that absorbs all that I can from the godly leaders around me. And I could go into a 3 day rant about the humility of Jesus and His teachable spirit, but I won't because my fingers would get tired and maybe fall off and then I couldn't run screens in the prayer room which would just be all together bad. I've said too much already, I'm going to bed. <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home