Abby's Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Random Ramblings!

*Fun fact from my anatomy and physiology class tonight:
Jewish people have the highest tolerence towards alcohal. It's because they have a developed immunity towards it.
Native Americans 2.5% - lowest tolerence toward alcohal.
Germans, Russians, French etc. 90% - average tolerence toward alcohal.
Jewish people 2.5% - highest tolerence towards alcohal.

*Ezekiel 16 has broken my heart for Israel. Jon Thurlow's song helped too. :)

*Cool kiss from the Lord the other day: I came home from the prayer room and Mikey (Dave and Barb's grandson, he's 3 and adorable) was watching the cartoon version of 101 Dalmations. I sat down and watched the last little bit with him before going back to the prayer room. There is a scene where the dalmations are hiding and become trapped by their enemies. So they roll around in soot from a fireplace to disguise themselves as Lab's.


The clip starts at 4 minutes and 30 seconds in if you don't want to watch the whole thing. :)

Later I went back to the praye room and was reading Lamentations.
Lamentations 4:8 But now their faces are blacker than soot. No one recognizes them in the streets...
I know it's kind of silly but the Lord speaks to me in this way so often. Just small kisses from His word let me know He's with me in everything. Which brings me to...

*The changes on Tim's team have been soooo good. I love the people who have joined and am jazzed to get to know them better. Also just the way the Lord orchestrates our team is truely dynamic and powerful. I'm excited to learn and grow partnering with these amazing righteous people and God for the glory of His name.

*Revelation on Ezekiel 20. God speaks so much about doing things for the honor of His name. I've been thinking today about how terrible it would have been if God released His power and strength to the people in Israel at their time of rebellion.

The power of God + The rebellion of the people towards God = Mass destruction.

It's so important to me to posture my heart to have a right response when He does pour out His spirit and power. Acts 2.


That's all I've got. Hope all is well! :)
Love and joy of the Lord be to you all.
<3 Abby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home