Abby's Blog

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Mountain Wings today

Getting Into Heaven
====================

I was testing the children in my Sunday school class to see if
they understood the concept of getting to heaven.

I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage
sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me
into Heaven?"

"NO!" the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept
everything neat and tidy,

would that get me into Heaven?"

Again, the answer was, "NO!"

By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun!

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all
the children, and loved my wife, would that get me into
Heaven?"
I asked them again.

Again, they all answered, "NO!"

I was just bursting with pride for them. "Well," I continued,
"then how can I get into Heaven?"

A five-year-old boy shouted out,



"YOU GOTTA BE DEAD!"

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 27, 2007, Blogger Spring said...

haha, I thought this was your writing, and you were saying that you asked your class these questions....but there was no five year old in our class. Funny stuff.

 
At Wednesday, November 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring, you are so silly. Of course there wasn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home