Abby's Blog

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Yesterday Jen (the room mate), Becca (the old room mate) and I went to Maya's (a Mexican resteraunt on State Line) to watch the Michigan vs. Michigan State game and eat ceasar salad. Michigan was ahead pretty much the whole time we were there but State pulled in the lead in the 3rd quarter. :) It was really tight up until the last 3 minutes. Then U of M scored! It was ridiculous! I was so bummed. I thought for sure MSU had it! :-p Oh wells! It was really good to catch a college football game this season. I love it and we don't have a TV. I've been watching scores on the cell phone of course, but it's just not the same. :)

I'm focusing lately a lot on loving others. I guess you could say I'm making a small change, to the way that I wear my heart. I found a great sermon from Bethel church about loving from the heart and will probably post the good stuff from that later this week. This week is GBF so no school which is good for resting purposes. Then that outline for praying through the beatitudes is coming too.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 07, 2007, Blogger Spring said...

I don't know if you saw the marching bands last weekend but I heard from Jake that UofM might have won, but Spartan Marching Band owned Michigan's MB.

And that is all that matters right?

Loving others is something that I think about a lot. It's hard sometimes. There are a lot of silly people. :-p I am doing a skit this Sunday in church about the beattitudes. It's pretty sweet.
I can't wait to see you Abbs.

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2007, Blogger Abby said...

@ Spring,
Jake may have some bias going on there. But I don't doubt that State's band pwn'd. Unfortunately they do not show the marching bands on tv.

Loving others is essentially what makes us grow in faith. And Jesus said that whole, if you have faith as big as a musterd seed you can move mountains, so I'm guessing not too many people excel in the area of loving others since I haven't seen a ton of mountains flying around.

How'd the skit go? You'll have to explain it to me once I get back into H-town.
I can't wait to see you either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home