Abby's Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Christian Lifestyle of Comfort

Every week I set aside some time to listen to a podcast or recording of a preaching and lately I've been getting into Bill Johnson's sermons. This past week he talked about the need for a new baptism. It was incredible and broke my paradigm on the Christian current reality of living comfortably.

"The Christian lifestyle right now is designed to keep people happy and comfortable.
There is nothing comfortable about following Jesus. His alter call is you have to sell everything to follow me, oh and by the way you're going to have to die."

We can't live in this teetering lifestyle of unbelief and arrogance that God has to pass something through us before doing it to someone else.

"That's why, when you live that kind of lifestyle. When you position yourself on the edge of that kind of teetering place in life. You're not comfortable. You find comfort in Him. You find comfort in the presense. You find comfort in having done the will of God. Jesus says my food is to do the will of Him who sent Me. I am nurished because I know at the end of the day I know I did what He said to do. I am refreshed. I am replenished. I am nurished. I am refreshed by the presense of the Lord. It is the comforter who comforts me. I am not comfortable by my lifestyle.
I am comfortable by the presense of God who rests upon me."

Rest... You got me again Lord. I'm signed up all over again. "I've got to be filled with the spirit of God until He puts me on like a glove."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home