Abby's Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Jesus' Favorite?

Today I had my interview at Centerpoint Medical Center (Just for you Spring). When I first got to Kansas City I found listings for health care facilities and hospitals in the area because I am certified to sterilize surgical instruments. I found Centerpoint and noticed they were looking to fill house keeping positions. So I applied and got an interview.

My interview was this afternoon at 1p and about half way through the questioning realized there was no way I would get this job. They couldn't work around my school schedule and weren't too thrilled that the only experience cleaning I had was as my church's janitor. It was no biggie. I didn't really want a job anyway because school is crazy enough.

But then the guy who interviewed me told me I had to go upstairs and be interviewed by one more lady before leaving. So I go upstairs and wait for about 20 minutes in this office waiting for my second interview in which I viewed as a total waste of time.

Bunny trail - By this point I just wanted to leave and head to the prayer room to fill some of my obligated hours. :-O~~ I love that they give credit for spending time in the prayer room but I hate how it makes it seem like a tedius spiritual discipline/requirement.

Okay so finally the woman named Lee calls my name and takes me into her office. She explains that they all just ate lunch in there and appologized for it smelling like potatoes. She looked through my information and then gave me a strange look. She asked "Why are you applying for a house keeping position when you're certified to sterilize?" I respond with "the website only had house keeping positions open."

She then proceeded to tell me that they had 4 positions open in sterile processing. They were desperately in need so she copied my certificate and told me they'd call me for an interview soon. Because they're in dire need of filling these positions they are willing to work around school. Of course this means less time in the prayer room and more exhaustion but I will be able to give like I've never been able to give before and buy a house in the near(er) future.

My ultimate goal:
FMA - 2 (Don't freak out Mom, they just started a worship leader track that I'm somewhat interested in) or 4 years while working/raising support

School in Kansas City to get Surgical Technician Certification/Intercessory Missionary - 2 years. This will cram everything a surgeon has to know into 2 years and give me time in the prayer room.

Live and work in Kansas City as a base, then possibly go to the nations for medical and ministry support as often as possible.

I want to be leading worship and playing on teams as much as possible as well.

We'll see. It's up to him, not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home