Abby's Blog

Friday, August 10, 2007

Growing in the Prophetic Conference

Sitting in the FSM building, listening to Merchant Band sound check. I was the designated seat saver this morning. I'm okay with it. I can use the wireless while listening to some sweet tunes.

I've been thinking a ton about identity and music lately. Music is such a huge part of our culture right now. A lot people find thier identity in music. Myself included.

So what music is good to pour yourself into? Many people will argue music has no effect what so ever on your heart/mind. But even in a secular music culture music impacts how you feel and think. It's the idea of ethos. The whole music effecting emotions thing.

I don't know a lot on this topic. I don't really care to argue a large quantity about it. All I know is that if you're doing/listening/seeing/speaking something that lessens or dulls the impact God is moving in your life it's simply a waste of time.

I guess maybe I'm being convicted some what for listening to music that is dulling my spirit. I could pose a very good arguement for there is not a lot of christian rock bands I find appealing. And even less piano rock band. However I have Leeland, they are amazing. I'm sure theres more out there. Soon enough there will be me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home