Abby's Blog

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Orientation

Our first day of orientation for FMA we really just went through a line and then listened to the staff leadership speak. We were introduced to Daniel Lim, Allen Hood, Mike Bickle, Lou Engle.

Allen Hood preached on John the Baptist. What made him great and what about him made an entire generation stop and repent?

He discussed the idea of a forerunner and gave an acronymn for IHOP other than "International House of Prayer".

I- Intercessor
H- Holiness
O- Offering
P- Prophet

Very good stuff.

Then yesterday, our second day of orientation which was 12p-10p we worshiped some. Listened to Wes Martin and another guy whose name escapes me talk about our curiculum for this year. It will be an intense year. First semester we have 18 credit hours.

We then had a talk back session type thing in which Wes Martin and some students asked the faculty some questions. One of the questions was "What is the most embarassing thing that's happened to you in ministry?" The answers were soooo funny! It was really fun.

After that we split up into School groups. So all of FMA met together. It was pretty cool seeing all the people I'd be spending the next 4 years getting to know and love. Then we split up into our small groups. There are 5 students in my small group and a faculty advisor. OH MAN!

Guess who my faculty advisor is?!?! DEREK LOUX! The director/founder/originator of FMA. How hot is that? There are like hundreds of people at this school and I get Derek Loux as my faculty advisor. I am so excited!

I also met Victoria, Tiffany and Gabby. These are 3 other girls in my group. Victoria and Tiffany are 2nd year FMA students. They're really cool. Gabby is a 1st year like me and we're becoming fast friends. We've got a lot in common and it is really cool hanging out with her.

Today begins the 'Growing in the Prophetic' conference so I'll be busy for the rest of the weekend. I'll update more if I get the chance. :)

I love it. I'm exhausted already. But I love it. I'm giving it all to get it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home