Abby's Blog

Friday, July 20, 2007

Jurassic Park and Recent Revelations!

The homeless ministry last night was really sweet! We went to a park downtown Kansas City called Jurrasic Park. It wasn't very big but we set up chairs and tables then a big tarp for clothing. It was a very good experience. I'll for sure being going back.

We got there at about 6:45p, set up then hung out. I met a lot of cool people who came with the ministry team. For awhile I talked to some of the people. But a majority of the time I hung out with one of the guys we were ministering to named Joseph. Every week he would fill out question sheets on the book of Revelation. Then bring back the sheet and go over it with one of the ministry leaders. So I sat in with that and listened to him. He really liked CSI Miami and musicals, it was way coolio.

I thought I'd share some of the Revelations I've been having! (encouraged by Spring)

1. Abiding in Christ consists of two major realities.
*Dialoging
*Agreeing
2. God does not need us.
3. Desire for Dove's eyes.
4. Joy
5. Spirit of poverty = bad. God has more in store for His children.
6. Strip away insecurity/uncertainty.

Studies on the Sermon on the mount.
1. Scripture emphasis
2. Grace empowers righteous living
3. Poor in spirit has nothing to do with poverty of money
4. How non-christians are different from christians.
5. Mourning not for situations in occurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home