Abby's Blog

Monday, March 05, 2007

The Number 23!

It's a very good movie. I enjoyed it quite a lot even though I think Jim Carry has gone a little crazy after the years. Anywho, I thought you'd enjoy some facts about the enigma 23.

The "23 Enigma" refers to the Discordian belief that all incidents and events are directly connected to the number 23, some permutation of the number 23, or a number related to the number 23, given enough ingenuity on the part of the interpreter.

*The date that the Titanic sank, 4/15/1912, 4+1+5+1+9+1+2=23.

*The date the Twin Towers were hit, 9/11/2001, 9+11+2+1=23.

*It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body

*The tilt of Earth’s axis is roughly 23 degrees.

*Some would argue it rotates at 23.5 degrees. But then 5 is just 2+3

*A human baby receives 23 chromosomes from each parent.

*23 is the letter W. On an Qwerty keyboard W lies right beneath 2 & 3

*December 23, 2012 is the day the classic Mayans said the world would end.

*"Psi" is the 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet associated with "supposed parasychological faculties, phenomena, etc. regarded collectively"

*Plutarch states that Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times by Roman Senators

*The CBS show Ghost Whisperer is filmed in Stage 23, which is alleged to be haunted.

*Dr. Pepper now has an included 23 flavors.


Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 05, 2007, Blogger Will said...

Wow Abby...I can't keep up with you and all of your well-thought-out posts...makes me sad about myself...
Any way I need a new bass streictly because I think that it will inspire me to play more and enjoy it more. Plus then my collection will double. Not very deep reasons, but there you go...

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007, Blogger Abby said...

Will,
you are a majority of the time more intellegent than I am. You can think up amazing posts. :)

Then you just had a birthday and christmas isn't for a long time! You should start saving your pennies.

 
At Saturday, March 10, 2007, Blogger Spring said...

Add these to your list:

The number 23 is Spring's favorite number ever. And Heather & Alex Ungren's too. (No real reasons why. Probably because it is sooo sweet!)

A great (secular) band wrote a song once called "What's my agae Again?" and has the lyrics, "Nobody likes you when you're twenty-three..." in it. It's very funny. Will, do not look it up.

I thought I had more...oh well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home