Abby's Blog

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Blessings in a test!

This past week has been one of the hardest I've ever had to endure as a student. From being sick with the arrythmia fatigue/passing out and then having my wisdom teeth out I had missed 3 weeks of my Central Service Technician class. So this week was getting caught up wth everyone else week. In order to do so I had 8 chapters to read, study, memorize vocabulary, do homework on, and then be tested. Suffice to say, I had no life last week.

This was not just a matter of getting my work done. Because I had missed so much and been so far behind my teacher really thought I should drop the class and take it next semester. However this is the last semester that it is offered as only a semester class. They decided that since it is so much information and the chapters are so horridly long to turn it into 2 semesters. So it'd be super convieniant to be able to graduate the class this semester.

My goal is to get a night shift job in Kansas City next year being a Central Service Technician. It's just a fancy term for people in hospitals/clinics who sterilize/clean instruments after they've been used for surgury. If this works out I'll be able to work less hours for more money than if I were to get a job at the local McDonalds. This would be good because I'll be a full time student next year and working less hours for the better money sounds pretty good. Also with any job in healthcare it comes with those lovely benefits of health inssurance etc.

I took one test on Rules and Communications Thursday afternoon. Then went into LCC's assesment center to take a test on the Skeletal, Blood, Respiratory system, and Chemical Saftey on Friday. I was really really scared on the way to school. I didn't feel like I knew the information well enough. Praying the whole way there I finally cracked open my bible to Matthew 6... Do not worry! You of little faith!

I went into the assesment center and they said they had to close early and could not allow anymore tests to start that day. So they wrote down that I had come in to try and take my test for my teacher.

On the way home I called my teacher to tell her about what had happened in the assesment center, she then said I could just take the test the following day after class. Totally Jesus! I now had another day to study the information more throughly.

Well Saturday I was to go to class from 9a-12p, listen to a lecture on what the test will be on next week for 3 hours. Then take a test on the stuff covered the week before.

So I went to class, took the test. Towards the end of the test I began to struggle with a few questions. There were about 5-6 I just flat out didn't know. My teacher then came over and asked me if I was having any problems. She then proceded to help me figure out the 5-6 questions I didn't know. How cool is that?!?! Totally Jesus AGAIN! Then that's not even close to the end of the story.

After class I went to the assesment center to take the other test. There was a complete section with about 15 question on it I completely guess through because I did not know they'd be on the test and failed to study them as much as the other information.

I turned the test in, I had done really good on everything else except that 1 section. On the way to my car I ran into my teacher. She asked if I had finished my test and I said yes, then she asked if there were any problems. I told her about the section and she told me "wait, right there". She then went and got my test, brought it to me and then we worked through the section I guessed through together. Totally Jesus AGAIN!!! It was insane!

Test Grades are as follows:

Test #2 (Regulations, Communication) - 88% - 3.5 - B+

Test #3 (Chemical Safety, Skeletal) - 97% - 4.0 - A

Test #4 (Nervous, etc.) - 87% - 3.5 - B+

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 26, 2007, Blogger Will said...

Wow cool story. Not saying you didn't put a TON of effort in it, but there's no way you did it on your own. God was defintely a part. Then again...if you flunked that class, you would leave us a year later. :(
Of course, you need to go to IHOP ASAP and marry Tim. He's like thirty years old... he needs a woman.

 
At Friday, March 02, 2007, Blogger Will said...

sorry...gosh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home