Abby's Blog

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Family

The hardest thing about living in Kansas City is that I'm so far away from my family. I love my parents and my brother so much and really do miss them. But I don't feel like I miss them because of their individual qualities as much as missing the way I see Jesus in them. To be completely honest I selfishly miss the reality of having the support system of a family right at my finger tips. My parents are just a phone call away but it's not the same as actually being in the room, challenging each other spiritually and emotionally. I just know my heart has been longing for these tangible relationships lately. Finding Christ in people as well as scripture.

Quick update for those tracking with me.
I'm still doing the Surgical Tech. program at Penn Valley this semester. Studies are going well but it is pretty difficult retaining all of the information. Especially since most of it is Greek or Latin. It's also hard to be back in a secular school. My heart breaks for a lot of my class mates. However I have found a lot of opportunity to commune with the spirit during classes. Pray for me to be a light and that I would help to capture their hearts with desire for God.

Blessings all. I am so thankful my friends for your support as I chase after my dreams and catch up to them. The Lord is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home