Abby's Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2008

2 Corinthians!

My favorite book right now (in the Bible) is 2 Corinthians. I must admit that I am probably a little bias towards this book because last September I felt there was some prophetic confirmation within it's chapters. But once again I find myself completely enriched with revelation and knowledge from this book and am strongly favoring it. This will probably only last until tomorrow when I begin reading Galatians. However never the less I have been hit with a few things while reading this through it today.

Paul so obviously understands the value of patience and endurance especially in the midst of suffering. I love his strong emphasis on thankfulness and suffering bringing glory to God because I believe these to be the two core foundation principles of the fasted lifestyle in the near future.

Blessed are those who are not offended. Matthew 11:6

I think the subject of suffering is way overlooked. We don't really have a concept of it in our western mindset and I think it is something we can use to extravagantly give glory to God.

2 Corinth. 4:10 Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.


I'm definitely not saying go out and look for ways to suffer, don't get me wrong. And I know that this is a huge topic that I am not even scratching the surface on. I just know that if I were to begin to endure the things Paul talks about in
2 Corinth. 6:5 - being beaten, jailed, face to face with angry mobs, exhausted, sleepless, without food. I would not be able to say I proved patient through trials.

2 Corinthians 6:4 In everything we do, we show that we are true ministers of God. We patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind. 5 We have been beaten, been put in prison, faced angry mobs, worked to exhaustion, endured sleepless nights, and gone without food.


How do I know this? Because I've spent this last week mostly complaining about how long and often classes are. About how much homework/reading assignments and practice time we have. How there is a severe lack of consistent prayer room time in my life/schedule. About how I can't seem to focus my heart on being satisfied in God because I have found some boy to be completely amazing/distracting. Talk about pathetic suffering. :-p

So I pray the Lord puts this truth within me:
2 Corinthians 11:30 If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home