Abby's Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2008

November 13th

This day is always a hard one for my family. 10 years ago today my little sister Esther passed away from complications of development while in the womb. She lived almost a month from October 17 - November 13, 1998 and today always makes me think of a few things.

1) How having a little sister around today would impact my life. Would I have moved to Kansas City had she lived?

2) How could anyone consider murdering an innocent baby in the womb? I feel my family was robbed of an opportunity to watch my sister grow up. To willingly not just accept, but to choose death is unthinkable to even contemplate. I am horrifyingly disgusted with the fact that people would choose to eliminate the opportunity to see a life mature and grow out of convenience when so many families are broken apart out of the natural causes of death. I am literally sick to my stomach with pain in my heart towards this topic.

3) Would I be a different person if my I got those 6 years of time back with my Mom? During Esther's Ce section the doctors damaged a nerve in her back and she was in chronic pain for the next 6 years, being heavily medicated to contain any sort of composure and often hospitalized.

4) Am I the person I am today because of the frequent life altering circumstances both my family and I endured throughout my life thus far.

It's all just something I like to take time to evaluate each year when this season of remembering comes around. Basically it all comes down to I trust the Lord and His leadership in my life and am so joyful that I am exactly where He has me no matter the circumstances. The joy of the Lord is truly my strength.

Then just quick notes from today:
*Had an interview to become staff officially at IHOP. It went really well. I think I'm in. :)

*Had an interview to become a small group leader for young women in the trials of waiting for the Bridegroom... or possibly the earthly bridegroom. We're calling it "Ladies in Waiting" it's going to be so stinkin' sweet. I'm really jazzed for it.

*Love love love studying Christ and His characteristics.

*Hung out with Abby Whichman (known as 'blog Abby' to my worship team). We had so much fun and laughed so hard. I love this girl so much!!!

*Hannah Root and I went and watched/cheered on the IHOP Basketball league tonight. Favorite team = yellow team (even though they lost by a lot). It was really fun. Hannah, I will remember your quotes always. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home