Abby's Blog

Monday, September 03, 2007

September is a month where I'm really focusing on giving up lots in order to receive the full amount of what God has in store for me.

In short I'm on a journey to discover my prophetic purpose.

Today I put together a short 10 song 39:01 minute play list of encouraging songs that I plan to listen to every day this month while getting ready to go to the morning 6a prayer meetings.

This play list consists of
1. Relient K "quiet"
2. Relient K "give"
3. Leeland "yes you have (stolen my heart)"
4. Third Day "Love Song"
5. Jars of Clay "Be Thou My Vision"
6. Leeland "Beautiful God"
7. LifeHouse "Trying"
8. Jars of Clay "I need you"
9. Relient K "I need you"
10. Switchfoot "You"

Themes
1. Bridaling the tounge
2. Giving (Classic Sermon on the Mount Theology)
3-6. Sitting beneath the apple tree in the prescense of Christ
7-10. Blessed are those who are poor in spirit (realize their need
for God) for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. Matt. 5:3 The first
beatitude.

I haven't gotten to the point where Christ has called me to the mountains with Him. However, I want to be ready when it does happen.

I'm also reading through Thomas Dubay's "The Evidential Power of Beauty" during this months GBF. I love love love this book. I'm only in the 3rd chapter but already it has destroyed, in a good way, the way I preceive my surroundings.
Plus it's full of Science and I am a Science geek at heart.

All of this and Ian Barker (my new favorite blog to read) is going through Zechariah!!! I'm so thrilled that he's doing this and commentating on his blog! I'm knee deep in Zech. as it is and a bit overwhelmed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home